Fresh Arts Education’s Dance and Movement PPA cover is a fantastic addition to PE, helping children to develop their creativity and confidence and learn vital skills such as leadership, teamworking and negotiation all with a professional specialist dance teacher. PE Lessons are the only opportunity to exercise that some children have all week and at Fresh Arts Education we believe that it is essential that the quality of the lessons is excellent, and that lessons are exciting and accessible by all pupils.
Dance & Movement
All of our dance teachers are trained dancers who are often dancing professionally in companies or shows. Our sessions are active, fun and achieve great results.
We use a lesson planning structure for each year group with built in opportunities to achieve all of the national curriculum aims for Dance in PE but also informed by our head of dance, trained professional dancer and teacher at the world-renowned pineapple dance studios Nikola McMutrie’s knowledge of dance and the importance of dance in Education. Through participation in the sessions children at your school will learn to:
- To respond with an understanding to dance and learn to create and perform pieces.
- Children will understand and evaluate dance in different contexts and cultures with cross-curricular links to history and literacy.
- To perform different styles of dance with confidence
How can Fresh Arts Dance and Movement Sessions Help Your School to Achieve your national curriculum objectives for PE?
Our Dance and Movement sessions help children to develop fundamental movement skills, become increasing competent and confident in dance and access a broad range of opportunities to extend their agility, balance and coordination, individually and with others. Dance and Movement helps children’s physical development, flexibility, core strength and movement memory.
During our Dance and Movement sessions pupils are taught to:
- Developing balance, agility and co-ordination which can then be applied to a range of activities.
- Gives children a better understanding of rhythm, speed and direction.
- Participate in team games.
- Perform dances using simple movement patterns.
- Gain a better understanding of rhythm speed and direction.
- Participate in lessons linked with healthy eating and nutrition through Change4Life